Writing & Speaking Forums

Share your English test preparation efforts and strategies online!

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Answer Submission for Part 2 / Question 7

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
idon'tli

PostSubject: TOEIC Writing question 7   Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:09 pm

Of course I remember you! How can I forget a best friend? It has been ages hasn't it? How've you been?
I would love to attend your Graduation Reunion,I would just like to know a few details where it will be held and who also is attending. If you just send me some names as to who is attending that would help alot.
Please keep in touch.

Back to top Go down
Natalia

PostSubject: TOEIC Writing question 7   Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:39 am

Hi Susan,
Thank you for the e-mail, of course I remember you! What have you been up to? I would love to attend the reunion and I do have some questions. I would like to know about in which place are you going to held the graduation ceremony?? Besides that, do you have any dress code for the ceremony? I am looking forward to hear from you. Sincerely yours,
Back to top Go down
sfhdweb

PostSubject: Re: Answer Submission for Part 2 / Question 7   Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:06 am

Yannick wrote:
lmsanche wrote:
Susan.. hello... long time no see...
It is really good to hear from you and to know that you are orginizing such an event. Congrats... your are the one for that.

I am surely attending the the reunion but please let me know when and where it will be held since i have to be prepared. You can send the information to my e-mail address.

Thank you so much for writting and SEE YA.......

lizbeth

Hello Imsanche. Thank you for submitting your writing effort for Q. 7 of the TOEIC test.

Part 2 of the TOEIC test "Respond to a Written Request" is worth 8 points. The section has two tasks [question 6 and 7] with each task being allocated a maximum of 4 points. To receive perfect score your response needs to effectively address all the tasks in the prompt, using multiple sentences that clearly convey the information, be organized and have appropriate connecting words, have few grammar and spelling mistakes, and be using correct tone and register.

Your score for question 7 = 2/4

You would score 2 due to your spelling and grammar mistakes as well as the register used. I would stick to writing in a more formal manner, with some friendly words included into the letter.

Tips for improvement

1) Punctuation. Ellipsis or suspension points '...' are used to show that you are omitting a word or phrase necessary for a complete syntactical construction but not necessary for understanding. Your use of the ellipsis is unwarranted for the 2 first occurrences and inaccurate for the 3rd occurrence. You should simply be placing a period. Furthermore the following are not punctuation marks '..' '.......'

2) Lexicon. The vocabulary you are using is inappropriate for an email of this nature. The email is very impersonal which indicates that this is more of a formal email. There is no use of slang in the letter nor is there any indication that the two of you were or are friends. The use of the word ‘classmate’ might have thrown you off. In this instance, classmate has more of an acquaintance resonance than friendship. Therefore, you should not use slang in your writing ‘SEE YA’.

3) Format. As indicted above this email is formal, hence you should be replying in a more formal manner. Opening separated from the rest of the text, and a closing.

4) Capitalization and spelling.

great and helpful tips ,thanks for sharing
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.sandfordhighschool.com
xueli

PostSubject: TOEIC Writing question 7   Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:25 pm

Hi Susan!
I'm so glad to hear from you again. Hmmm... it has been quite a while since we've seen each other. I hope every has been doing well.
Have you decided the place and time for this event? Also, please tell me what the dress code is, so I will know who is actually part of this reunion.
Unfortunately I may not be able to come because of my job. But I will speak to my manager about it, and I will make a definite decision in a few days from now.
I hope to see you soon,
Xueli
Back to top Go down
happy2

PostSubject: TOEIC Writing q. 7   Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:50 am

Hi Susan!

I am so glad you contacted me for the reunion. Of course I remember you for being the smartest girl in our class. What is the time and venue of this reunion? I would love to come to see all of you, but I need to make sure about this. When is the last day to RSVP?

Hope to hear from you again soon!

Nancy Cramer
Back to top Go down
yuka

PostSubject: TOEIC Writing question 7   Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:35 pm

Dear Susan

Thank you for your e-mail and letteing me know about the reunion.
That sounds so exciting!And it is true that we have not seen each other for such a long time.
By the way, I have a few things I would like to confirm with you:
Where is it going to be? And when will it be held?

I am flexible with dates in a next month.

I'm looking forward to seeing you soon at the reunion.

Best regards,

Yuka

Back to top Go down
betchy

PostSubject: TOEIC Writing question 7    Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:41 am

Hi Susan,

I am so glad to have your message. I would be more than happy to attend. Please let me know of the details of the event. I wanted to know when and where the reunion is going to happen. As well let me know if there is any registration fee or some other contributions needed. Hope to hear from your update.

Sincerely,

betchy
Back to top Go down
Frank

PostSubject: TOEIC Writing question 7   Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:00 am

Hi Susan !
What a pleasure to hear from you. It's been such a long time since we last saw each other and I'm so excited about taking part in our 15 year graduation reunion. Could you please give me further details regarding the reunion? When will it happen ? and where? Is the reunion going to last only one night? Don't you think it would be a great idea to organize a full-weekend event? By the way, maybe you don't know, but I'm actually a professional photographer, so I really would like to make a class photography I could send to everyone as a souvenir.
Hope you will like the idea.
See you soon.
Frank.
Back to top Go down
marcaobr

PostSubject: TOEIC Writing question 7   Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:06 am

Hi Susan it is nice to hear from you. I will surely try to make it to our reunion next month. What day of the month is it going to be? And will need to know the time and location too. If you can please send me these details.
Thank you
Back to top Go down
Kevin

PostSubject: TOEIC Writing question 7   Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:41 pm

Hi, Susan.

Yeah, I of course remember you. wow, we haven't seen each other for almost 15 years since we graduated from our high school. Do you still remember we studied for college together all of the time right after school? Now I miss our high school time when we ate dinner together, we talked about gossip together, and we studied in the school library together? I wish I did not study abroad right after graduation, so that we could still keep in touch.

Anyway, I talked too much, because I can't stop my excitement and wait to see you in person again. Could you tell me when the reunion is and where it take place? I will try to come back and attend our reunion. Give me a call or give me your phone number, so that I could get ahold of you. Thank you.

Best regards,

Kevin Chuang
4833 Philly Street
Indiana, PA
724-201-1414
Back to top Go down
Kevin

PostSubject: TOEIC Writing question 7   Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:41 pm

Hi, Susan.

Yeah, I of course remember you. wow, we haven't seen each other for almost 15 years since we graduated from our high school. Do you still remember we studied for college together all of the time right after school? Now I miss our high school time when we ate dinner together, we talked about gossip together, and we studied in the school library together? I wish I did not study abroad right after graduation, so that we could still keep in touch.

Anyway, I talked too much, because I can't stop my excitement and wait to see you in person again. Could you tell me when the reunion is and where it take place? I will try to come back and attend our reunion. Give me a call or give me your phone number, so that I could get ahold of you. Thank you.

Best regards,

Kevin Chuang
4833 Philly Street
Indiana, PA
724-201-1414
Back to top Go down
xerress

PostSubject: TOEIC QUESTION 7   Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:46 am

HI susan to say the least i will be thrilled to attend our reunion .But to be on the right side i would like to get the date so i could rearange my schedule and do tell me what i could do to help
i look forward to it
Back to top Go down
nisha08

PostSubject: Re: Graduation Reunion   Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:11 am

Hi susane,

Thanks for the mail. Of course i remember you. It will be great to meet all of you.

I want to know at what time reunion function will start. Is there any accommodation facility provided.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mafeov

PostSubject: Graduation reunion   Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:20 pm

Hi Susan,
I'm so glad to here from you, of course I remember the classes together, were good times.
I'm excited about our 15 year graduation reunion, I want to see all of my classmates and how much has been the highschool growth in these years.
No doubt in count with me for the organization, I just have a few questions. How we are getting the money the reunion, in any case I can help with that. And second what day exactly is the reunion and what time will be?

Thank you for take me to acount and I'll hope to see you soon.

Best wishes

M. Fernanda Olaya
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TAEKEUN

PostSubject: Answer Submission for Part 2 / Question 7   Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:36 pm

Hi! Susan. It's me Tim. How have you been?
Because I just remember that you were not very outgoing person in highshcool, I am pretty suprised that you have been in charge of organizing the reuinon.
Anyway, I am just wondering about two things.
Firstly, because it's my first time to visit the reunion, I don't know that how much I should pay or it is complemantory. You know, I have been really busy to work in previous company, and I just moved to new company this year.
Second question is location. I'm just confused about location between classroom and auditorium. Because other alumnis said both things as the ceremony location.
Please let me know about this things as soon as possible and have nice days until you and I meet again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dhanashree

PostSubject: Graduation Reunion   Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:24 pm

Hi Susan,

How are you? Hope in the best of your health and life is treating u in its best.
Thanks for reminding me about this reunion and I am very happy to inform you that I willd be attending this event. Seeing you letter reminded me of the wonderful days we all spent together and certainly very happy to meet all my schoolmates again.

Iam glad you are into the orgainzing team and looking forward see you soon at the reunion.

Regards,
Dhanashree
Back to top Go down
View user profile
prc111

PostSubject: Re: Answer Submission for Part 2 / Question 7   Sat May 11, 2013 6:07 am

To: Susan Summers
Re:
Dear Susane Summers,
Thank you for your email. It is a great surprise to have received your mail after years. I vividly remember our university days and I do really miss them.I am glad that this event is being organised to commemorate our 15 years of graduation and you are taking charge of it.I am interested in knowing who else is attending the event. Therefore could you please send me the list of the other attendees ? I would also like to know in detail about the event schedule. So will you please mail me the same?
I look forward to attending the event.

Regards,
Govind
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Answer Submission for Part 2 / Question 7   

Back to top Go down

Answer Submission for Part 2 / Question 7
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2