Writing & Speaking Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Writing & Speaking Forums

Share your English test preparation efforts and strategies online!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Free iBT independent writing task submission

Go down 
+20
phantom
icandoit
rami_82
minashm
Mira
minhanh
tomoko73
gaby0501
Riaz
Abu Noor-Eddin
kmacko
shan
khyatidave
rss
pumas007
banunya
sudeepa
Dean
Yannick
Jason
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
dead_sea

Free iBT independent writing task submission - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: A special memory   Free iBT independent writing task submission - Page 7 EmptySun Jul 27, 2008 5:45 am

A special memory

Everyone has a special memory that peeps into their mind when they get free.A special memory may be cheerful to remember or very shocking that one can never forget.But it is the memory that connects people with the past. Whenever I recollect the moment of that special day I feel joyous,my face becomes bright. My special memory will be surely the day when I got my first job in a private university as a lecturer .It was an awesome experience .I never expected to have this sort of job so very early. Just right after my graduation result I was called for the interview on 11th of june’08 and I got selected for the desired post. The authority informed me this very good news on 15th of June’08.

I can not explain how I first felt when I got the phone informing me to join on the next day. It was like I were flying. Actually I was very anxious about my job and future plans. This job brought a pace in my life. I feel settled now .I have met people waiting for job for long. So I know the pains of floating life. Now most of my problems are solved.

Economical solvency is the biggest gift for me through this job. As I am doing my masters.So I have some expances for buying books and tution fees. I remember this job has wiped out all my tensions about spending money for this purpose. Not only in my tution I can now help my family in a small part.

The position and dignity I got from this job is the priceless gift for me. I am extremely lucky to achieve such a position in so young age.When the students stand up seeing me from far and give me a respectful glance I feel like the happiest person in the world.

May be I will get more good job than this but the day I got my first job,I signed my first appointment letter will always be in a high place in my memory.
Back to top Go down
juami

PostSubject: Re: Free iBT independent writing task submission   Free iBT independent writing task submission - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 12:33 pm

They say that education is a continues process. People learned from their own experiences and from other people as well. Therefore, I think people should broaden their ability by doing something outside their comfort zone, like doing something they think they would not enjoy.
People should sometimes force themselves to try something new.
For instance, before I do not like to cook, but once I try cooking, I enjoyed doing it.
Moreover, People by nature are easily get bored if the things they done are all the same. Therefore, it is better to have a variety of things to be done. For example, Although I love chocolate, but if I eat them everyday I get tired and the excitement of eating it got lost. So, It is important if there are some variations.
In summary, It is a good idea to have try the things that we might think we cannot enjoy, because in the end it might turned out to be a wonderful and exciting experinces.
Back to top Go down
Abu Noor-Eddin

PostSubject: People should sometimes do things that they do not enjoy   Free iBT independent writing task submission - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 3:37 pm

People should sacrifice some of their desires or wishes in order to gain other important things in their lifes. It is a matter of fact that life is not all about fun or entertainment but it is more about goals to achieve and targets to reach. Therefore, people should do some things against their desires in order to reach their targets in life which I think is the more important. So, I completely agree to that statement and I will provide later some examples to explain why I agree to this statement.

It comes to my mind now the first time I was forced to do something against my desire. I was eleven years old, and unfortunately I catch a fever. I still remember how bad the taste of the medicine they were giving me. I fighted alot not to take the medicine but my parents insisted on giving it to me. After a few years when I grew up, I realized that it was important to behaive againest my desire and take the medicine. Goal dominates.

The second obvious example in every child life is the so famous statement (I don't want to go to school). It is every day fight between children and their parents. For me, I am so thankful to God that my parents win the fight and forced me to go to school. I am now a doctor instead of having a job with less respectable position or even a job with less salary if I did not complete my study at school. Goal dominates.

We can go further with examples when each one of us will take the desicion to act against his wishes. Who of us like to die? I think no one in the world likes to die. However, when it comes to defend about his nation against invasion or to defend his wife against rubbery, he would sacrifice his soul to achieve a more important goal which is keep his nation up or keep his wife safe. Goal dominates.

In my opinion, the goals dominates the desires. Hence I strongly agree to the statement and using three examples I show why I agree to it.
Back to top Go down
Riaz

PostSubject: People should sometimes do things that they do not enjoy doi   Free iBT independent writing task submission - Page 7 EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 5:49 am

Every body has to do something in the world.There are lot of things which have to do .People like to do some somethings and dislike to do other things.It depends upon their desire.Sometimes people should do things which they do not enjoy .I agree with this statement and following argument are given in the support of my statement.
In science and technology ,many new invention have been created.It is difficult task and inventor spends their lot of times and luxury .They Sacrifice their times but ultimately ,they invent new things and discover new laws and theories but they do it .
Further more ,there are lot of tasks which human beings have to do ,In some tasks, they enjoy and in other tasks they do not enjoy .Now a question arises in mind .Who will do boring work?.A boring work can be made enjoyable if we start and take interest in it .With the passage of time ,the interest can be developed
In the nutshell,There are lot of tasks which we have to do but there is need to create interest using motivation .Thus people should do all things either they are interesting or not.
Back to top Go down
leukos

PostSubject: People should sometimes do things that they do not enjoy doi   Free iBT independent writing task submission - Page 7 EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 1:32 am

In my opinion it is often necessary to do things which are not enjoyable.

When talking about personal freedom, there is a never ending discussion about things which have to be done, but nobody is enjoying them. I want to argue that in most of the cases, it is better to do them.

First, not every child on this planet enjoys going to school. For example, I was not an easy kid and I often refused going to school, but my mother forced me every day. It is not discussible to throw away your whole life, because you don't want to attend the school.

Second, in my country there is a law that every man has to contribute to the society by doing a six months long basic military service. This is a very important task to secure our borders; otherwise there would be more illegal immigration. If you make this service volunteer able, nobody would do it anymore.

Finally, if everybody is just doing things which he can enjoy, how would you find out what you like and what not? For instance, before I’ve started my work as a computer programmer, I was doing a lot of different jobs in the IT industry. Because of this fact, I found out that selling computers or assembling hardware is not my destination.

To sum up briefly, I prefer to live in a world where I sometimes have to do things that I can’t enjoy. The alternative wouldn’t be as enjoyable as our current version.
Back to top Go down
inVietna

PostSubject: Idle Hands   Free iBT independent writing task submission - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 9:49 am

In order for society to be safe for us to live in we need to do things that we sometimes don't want to do.

First, following laws such as traffic laws and tax laws keep things orderly so we know what to expect from each other. If we did not have these rules to follow, we would not even be able to cross the street.

Second, education is a good example of sometimes doing things that we sometimes don't like doing but that may benefit us and the population if done. Many of us don't like going to school, but accidentally may find subjects that interest us by taking classes that we thought we would dislike. This happened to me when I took an science class last year. Also, learning how to do certain things such as read, write and basic math benefit you the rest of your life, no matter how boring they may be to learn.

Although it is important to follow your dream and do things you like in life, it is also important to do things that you don't like doing sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Vivian

PostSubject: People should sometimes do things that they do not enjoy doi   Free iBT independent writing task submission - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 6:58 am

We all know that in order to be happy and to lead a valuable life, we should be capable of making compromise. Unfortunately, life in complete happiness and harmony does not exist. So in order to reach the golden middle, we are often obliged doing things that we don’t enjoy doing. Such things are our duties, without which we won’t be able to concentrate on our aims, our responsibilities, without which we would be living in a total chaos, or things, just as simple as cleaning the house, without which we would be living in a total mess. Furthermore, I agree that we should sometimes do thing that don’t make us happy, so that we can appreciate the ones that do.

First of all, our duties and responsibilities make us who we are. When one sets a goal, it is often the case that one should work hard in order to accomplish it. And hard work is not always that enjoyable. Many people would prefer staying at home in front of the television than getting up early in the morning, going to school and spending there eight endless hours learning. But also just as many people wish to have an education, so that they can be better qualified and find a better job. Everybody enjoys success, but achieving success goes hand-in-hand with struggle and compromise.

Struggling and compromising are not the typical answer to the question “What’s your hobby?” or “What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?”. But imagine what it would be like if people did only what they enjoy doing, without ever experiencing any negative emotions? According to my opinion it would be an absolute catastrophe, because then we wouldn’t be able to differ between happiness and sadness. This means that we won’t be able to feel happy, proud, or any of the variety of positive emotions, that we gain from getting over the negative ones. Every day has it’s night – so without knowing the night, how will we be able to know that it’s day and enjoy the warm hug of the sun.

Gabriel Garcia Markes once said “Everybody wants to live on top of the mountain, without realizing that true happiness hides in the way you climb the hill”. I totally agree that people should sometimes do things they don’t enjoy doing, so that they can find their golden middle and lead a complete and harmonious life.
Back to top Go down
Lorenzo

PostSubject: Re: Free iBT independent writing task submission   Free iBT independent writing task submission - Page 7 EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 10:10 am

As long as a person lives in close contact with other people, he or she will surely be forced to face the sad aspect of social life, that it is not always possible to get what wanted, even if strongly pursued. Therefore, he or she would be pushed to do something he or she is not eager to do, but that he or she has to do in order to succeed in his or her job or just maintain his or her relationships.
The first reason why people are often led to do something they do no appreciate is that it is rather important to their job. For instance, especially at the beginning of their career, the majority of people has to deal with something completely hatred, such as continously and constantly receiving orders to accomplish duties which may appear disinteresting or dissatisfactory. But, the more they make sacrifices, the easier they can get ahead, advancing towards success. Indeed, such awful experiences may finally reveal to be essential steps for their career's development.
Another reason that often forces people to cope with things they are not willing to do is the importance of getting along with other people. Compromise may be one of the most pervasive aspects of living in a modern society. Were a person not to be able to understand, respect and tolerate other people's needs and problems, so avoiding careless behaviours, certainly he or she would be going to remain alone soon. It is just not possible to create strong relationships with other people without being ready to do something not enjoyable. For example, I used to live with a heavy smoker, and I am not able to stand smoking at all. Thus, at the beginning our relationship was rather harsh, because I could not tolerate his smoking inside our rooms. But then, once I had explained it, he understood, and, even if hating it, he started going outside to smoke, allowing me to breath healthily inside. Eventually, we became great friends and I am still thankful to him for his sacrifice, and this shows how a compromise may be essential in any relationship.
In conclusion, I have no hesitation in supporting and agreeing with the statement, considering how is important nowadays, mainly to succeed in a career and to build nice relationships, to tolerate and compromise, even though it may lead to undesired things to do.
Back to top Go down
Rami Al-

PostSubject: Re: Free iBT independent writing task submission   Free iBT independent writing task submission - Page 7 EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 5:13 am

In my opinion i think that people should sometimes to do things that they do not like to do and that for many reasons.The first one that there is a demand that you have to do like some children do not like to go to school but they have to because the education is very important so if every one leave his children to do what they like that will be in the opposite of their benifits.Second one is to follow the laws and rules, some people don't like to follow these rules but they have to.Finally one because it's important to our self,some people hate to visit doctor or hospital even though they are very sick so i they do not do what they hate here visit doctor that will hurt themselves.so sometimes you find yourself in compelling situation and in this case you must force yourself to do this.
Back to top Go down
fatimeow

PostSubject: writing   Free iBT independent writing task submission - Page 7 EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 5:52 pm

People should sometimes do things that they do not enjoy doing

I agree with the statement showed before depending on the situation.

First of all I would like to express that life is not always pink color and sometimes we should do things that are not very enjoyable for us. I think one of the main reasons you could execute something you don’t like to do is because of money.

On my personal experience I’ve worked at a very famous fast food restaurant for some years just cooking, cleaning and doing very simple but at the same time hard work, and actually I didn’t like it much but I really needed to earn some extra money to pay my studies and probably there was no other option for a very young student.

On the other hand, I think you shouldn’t do things that you don’t want to if you are able to do something else apart from that. I mean, If you have a good job and someone offers you another kind of job that you wouldn’t like to do, but this person is offering you a bigger amount of money, you shouldn’t accept this proposal because it’s not only about money but also about your happiness.

To sum up I would like to say that if you want to succeed in life you have to know that everything is not easy and you are not always going to be the boss. Thus, it’s better to be prepared for everything.
Back to top Go down
gaby0501

PostSubject: People should sometimes do things that they do not enjoy doi   Free iBT independent writing task submission - Page 7 EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 10:58 am

Sometimes in our life people end up doing things they don’t like very much. This things may be working in a job they don’t like or study for subjects they don’t enjoy studying. There are many reasons why people have to do this tasks from time to time.

One of the reasons is for necessity. People need to work in a job they really don’t like to support their families. For example, a newly graduate from College or University can’t expect to find a job related with what they graduated. Sometimes they have to work as waiters in restaurants and cafes or at as a receptionist to support their families. Also to gain experience that may help them get the job they like in the future.

Another reason is that people have to study subjects they don´t really love but they have to because it is required by school, Collegue or University. For example, to become a primary teacher I had to study math and science because those subjects are essential to get the certificate. To become a teacher was my goal and eventhoug Math and science were not my favorite subjects, I had to study them anyway.

In conclusion, sometimes people have to perform assignemts they don’t really adore doing. They must work to gain money to pay for necessity things or to support theis love ones. Sometimes people need to study subjects they don’t really like to achieve other goals or graduate from school, College or University. At the end, all things we do in life make us better prepared for all chalenges we will encounter in the future. You never know when something you didn’t value in the past may help you in the future.
Back to top Go down
mayrose2

PostSubject: Independent essay writing   Free iBT independent writing task submission - Page 7 EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 4:58 pm

I agree with th statement that people should sometime do things that they do not enjoy doing.There are many things for example students has to study hardly for examination which they do not enjoy but this help them in future so they have to study.another example if some people done enjoy they work at job but they have to do there work because to earn money from which they satisfied there family. Many people done enjoy doing greocery but then also they do,children like to play games but they have to study hard which they did not enjoy.Suppose some man is ill so doctor told him to eat pills at proper time which man dont like but he has to eat to get well soon. When people are forced to do such things they are not going to enjoy that things.For people happiness is main thing to leave so its up to them they enjoy that things or not so i totally agree with this statement that people do many things that they do not enjoy doing.
Back to top Go down
samralee

PostSubject: People should sometimes do things that they do not enjoy   Free iBT independent writing task submission - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 17, 2008 1:15 pm

I completely agree with the statement that people sometimes do things that they do not enjoy. In this competive world people have to strive hard to lead a sophisticated well balanced life. Everybody has some dreams in their life but few succeds to fulfill their dreams . Most of them has to sacrifice for the sake of their family, or for the economic conditions, or for sudden casualities. For example; a good artist or a painter sometimes have to work as an accountant to maintain his family. In this case he might not found interesting the job he is engaged, rather he speculates the job as an empty canvas where he puts some numbers for survival . He wanted to wander in his imaginative world but the reality compellede him to drive a car in such a road where there is no existence of his speculation.
Back to top Go down
KarlaHC

PostSubject: Re: Free iBT independent writing task submission   Free iBT independent writing task submission - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 19, 2008 7:02 pm

I agree with the statement. There are cases in which a person should do things they do not enjoy doing. I do not believe everyone will agree with this statement but in order to support my opinion I can name some examples.

Studying for a test is not always something you want to do. With all the distractions out there chances are an individual who must study prefers to be having fun with their friends. Needless to say school is important and preparing for a test is something you should do.

Another example is when you are told to clean up your room. After 6 weeks of dirty clothes, empty dishes and a banana peal laying around it becomes really necessary to clean up (even if you do not wish to).

Sometimes the consequences of your actions are far more important than your desire to do something. In the end the consequences of our neglecting an issue just because we do not desire to pay any attention to it might prove to be far worse than the effort it would take us to address the matters in due time.

By agreeing to the statement I am not saying a person should always do things they do not enjoy doing. There are many cases of human trafficking in the world today and no human being should be put through that kind of suffering.

It comes down to the fact that SOMETIMES a person should do something they do not enjoy doing. This will finally be left to the person's judgement.
Back to top Go down
mjsuh90

PostSubject: I will ace this test   Free iBT independent writing task submission - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 20, 2008 6:26 am

It is utterly impossible to only engage in activities that we enjoy and are good at. You need to live in a utopia for that sort of a thing. Undeniably, life isn't always fun. A situation where people only do what they enjoy will lead to a catastrophe.

Various examples from society support the claim that people should indeed participate in activities that don't necessarily enjoy. The usual case with students is that they don't want to study in high school. As ordinary parents, they do not allow the children to forgo education. Do the parents love their children? Yes. Does that mean that they allow the children to do everything they want? No. If children were allowed to skip education and only indulge in what gives them satisfaction, such as playing video games, the society will be deprived of educated and bright members in the future. The society depends on these members that will contribute to the world positively. Clearly, the students shouldn't be allowed to simply do what they want.

The example clearly attests to the aformentioned argument that people should at times do things they don't enjoy. It's a good way to think that good things come with a price to pay. Extending from the example, as students study and get a degree, they're able to get a job, earn money, and support themselves independely.
Back to top Go down
Avani Ok

PostSubject: People should sometimes do things taht they do not enjoy doi   Free iBT independent writing task submission - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 22, 2008 8:38 am

[b]I personally do not feel that a person should do things which he does not enjoy.
A person does a thing not only for the sole purpose of completion but also as a means of personal satisfaction. For eg, if I teach only because I am a teacher, but if I do not enjoy teaching I will not be able to become a good teacher. I may be able to deliver the content but not able to consider the individualities of each student, the various methods to make the subject interesting etc.
When a person is doing what he enjoys doing, he sees to it that he takes efforts, shows his sincerity, accountability and does the best to his capability. This also helps to achieve the goals and progress in one's career. This also boosts the self morale and esteem and a person will be motivated to put in some more efforts.
Thus, in conclusion I would just like to say that do a partucular thing because you want to and not because someone is telling you to .
Back to top Go down
tomoko73

PostSubject: Topic: People should sometimes do things taht they do not en   Free iBT independent writing task submission - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 22, 2008 9:42 am

We have certain things that we do not enjoy doing such as working with people we do not get along with or listening to our parents. Some people prefer to do only what they want to do because they like having fun. However, I believe that people should sometime do things that they do not enjoy doing.

First of all, some people should study hard in order to achieve a goal. Studying can be a painful experience in which you have to read many books that you may not enjoy or writing long essays. However, in order to achieve a goal and establish a career, you sometimes have to do a lot of studying whether you like it or not. My father is a medical doctor. He told me that he often wanted to quit studying because some of the reading that he did was not interesting at all. However, he continued studying medicine to achieve his goal: to help sick people. Now, he is working as a medical doctor, and he is glad that he patiently studied things that he did not enjoy.

Second, people should eat healthy food to stay fit even if they do not like it. Some people do not like eating vegetables, but they need to eat vegetables daily to get enough nutrients. When I was a college student, I lived alone in an apartment for a couple of years. It was my first experience to live away from my parents, and I stopped eating vegetables, which I disliked. Gradually, I started to feel tired all the time. I went to see a doctor, and he suggested that I eat more vegetables to get enough vitamins. I started eating vegetables again, and my health condition improved gradually.

In conclusion, I agree with the statement that people should sometimes do things that they do not enjoy doing. Now, I am studying at a low school in Tokyo, Japan. A lot of books and theses I have to read are boring, but I will keep studying until I become a certified lawyer.
Back to top Go down
sonapriy

PostSubject: Re: Free iBT independent writing task submission   Free iBT independent writing task submission - Page 7 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 11:21 pm

when things are done without enjoying it may lead to many major problems.Which could not only harm ones emotions but the self esteem too.We get to see many people just leaving there life as it comes to them.They are just living as sake of living with no interests.
So,people should really do things they dont enjoy because it wont turn up to something good.like for example,if a person is interested in singing but he has to chose his profession as a doctor.He may study for the course and get a degree.And will carry on with the practise but he may not be a very good doctor practically as he was never intrested to study medicine.His one decision may affect on society and he may harm so many patients by not treating them properly.
Eventually if do things you really love to do and enjoy to do you will do it from your heart and to acomplish the task you will really work hard towords it which in turns will result into a great success.One will really feel proud and self confident of having a great achievement in his or her life.By this way one will not only benifit himself but the society and the nation will also be benefitted from right decision of doing things which he or she enjoys.
Back to top Go down
mommypha

PostSubject: Re: Free iBT independent writing task submission   Free iBT independent writing task submission - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 12:10 pm

People love to do things that they find itnterestinitg. Some people only do things they find fun or exciting. Some people tried to do other things once in a while even they know they would no enjoy it. On my own point of view, people should not do things if they think it is not exciting.

First, an individual will have a feeling of satisfaction if they have done something that they like. For example, a student loves to snowboard but dislikes swimming, so every winter he goes to the mountains and spend his time snowboarding. He is more satisfied if he spends his winter time in the mountains rather than in the beach. He knows he will get bored in the beach so he would rather not do it.

Second, some people does not like going to clubs because they do not smoke or drink. I do not find any reason why would they go to clubs if they have nothing to do there. Why would they waste their time in places or activities that they do not like? I find it a waste of time.

Lastly,, some people don't enjoy shopping in the mall;they would rather shop online . They do not like spending hours in the mall, do not like trying clothes in the fitting room and don't like staying in congested ares like mall. They get tired easily. They think they will save time shopping online. They have no reason to go to the mall. Going to the mall is just a waste for them.

In conclusion, people do something interesting and exciting. If they think they would not have fun with it, then they should not do it. They should spend their time with something satisfying, interesting and exciting. Doing things they do not want to do will lead to frustrations and a feeling that they have wasted a lot of time.
Back to top Go down
kenichi

PostSubject: ESSAY   Free iBT independent writing task submission - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 11:40 pm

People should sometimes do things that they do not enjoy doing.

Have you ever heard the sentence:'' I hate my job!'' or'' Do I really have to do that in order to be your friend?''
Well, if you have then you know what I am talking about.
People are sometimes forced to do things they do not want to do for different reasons like : money, parents and friends.
First of all,money rules the world today. In order to have a car, food, clothes, or go on vacation, you need to work. Most of the people today have jobs they hate , but they still do it because of money.
A teacher has a part time job working as a waitress at night. Why? Because she needs more money to survive. Does she like it? Of course not, but she still has to do it.
Second of all, parents will always make you do things you hate doing.
''Clean up your room! ''Take out the garbage! ''How many times have you heard your mother telling you that? As teenagers we want to do things we like, like going to the mall, playing soccer or just listening to the music . But it is not always our way.Your mother will always tell you : ''if you don't clean up your room, you might as well look for a place to stay'' or, '' you can not go to the party tonight''. Bottom line, parents will always make us do things we hate doing.
Friends are important figures in one's life. As a teenager your best friend could tell you: ''If you don't come to the party tonight, don't talk to me anymore'', or ''If you don't drink that beer, we are not friends anymore'' . And you still do it even if you hate beer or parties.

We will always be forced to do things we hate doing , but we still have to do it if we want our parents to be proud of us, our boss to invite us to his birthday party or just to hang out with the most popular group at school. But I really think it's important to speak up your mind and just say ''No, I won't do it!''
Back to top Go down
kenichi

PostSubject: ESSAY   Free iBT independent writing task submission - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 9:39 am

People should sometimes do things that they do not enjoy doing.

Have you ever heard the sentence:'' I hate my job!'' or'' Do I really have to do that in order to be your friend?''
Well, if you have then you know what I am talking about.
People are sometimes forced to do things they do not want to do for different reasons like : money, parents and friends.
First of all,money rules the world today. In order to have a car, food, clothes, or go on vacation, you need to work. Most of the people today have jobs they hate , but they still do it because of money.
A teacher has a part time job working as a waitress at night. Why? Because she needs more money to survive. Does she like it? Of course not, but she still has to do it.
Second of all, parents will always make you do things you hate doing.
''Clean up your room! ''Take out the garbage! ''How many times have you heard your mother telling you that? As teenagers we want to do things we like, like going to the mall, playing soccer or just listening to the music . But it is not always our way.Your mother will always tell you : ''if you don't clean up your room, you might as well look for a place to stay'' or, '' you can not go to the party tonight''. Bottom line, parents will always make us do things we hate doing.
Friends are important figures in one's life. As a teenager your best friend could tell you: ''If you don't come to the party tonight, don't talk to me anymore'', or ''If you don't drink that beer, we are not friends anymore'' . And you still do it even if you hate beer or parties.

We will always be forced to do things we hate doing , but we still have to do it if we want our parents to be proud of us, our boss to invite us to his birthday party or just to hang out with the most popular group at school. But I really think it's important to speak up your mind and just say ''No, I won't do it!''
Back to top Go down
Poenta

PostSubject: People should sometimes do things that they do not enjoy doi   Free iBT independent writing task submission - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 4:18 pm

I agree that people should sometimes do things they do not enjoy.
Because, if we always do what we enjoy, that means that we always do what we want. Now, doing what we want is ok, but only when we are doing it for ourselves. When people do things they want and enjoy at, they do not leave room for someone who is accompanying them to enjoy something else. Since no one likes when other people feel bad because of them it’s necessary to make compromise, but not with that people we are spending time with, but with ourselves. We need to be sure how much are we prepared to do to make someone enjoy spending time with us.

Lets say that we are spending time with a girl we like, we will surely do anything to make her enjoy every second, even if that means doing something very unpleasant. But as I seed we must now when to give up, otherwise we will become frustrated and soon that relationship will be over. I must say that there are people who enjoy making others enjoy spending time with them. Those people will surely enjoy doing anything with anyone.

I guess what I am trying to say is when people are alone they can do things they enjoy at, but when you are with someone then you definitely can make exception and do things you do not enjoy, just for the sake of good relationship with that person, even if that is the only time you will see that person in your life you do not want to be remembered like a bad person.
Back to top Go down
minhanh

PostSubject: Re: Free iBT independent writing task submission   Free iBT independent writing task submission - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 8:43 pm

It would be a good idea to think that people should sometimes do things that they do not enjoy doing. People should learn how to do whatever they need to do regardless the feeling they may have because of the three main reasons: the benefits for the loved ones, practical preparations to deal with difficulties in the future, and achievements of certain goals in daily life.

First, people should look at the benefits for the loved ones. People usually have more strength and motivation to deal with unwanted job when they think of the potentially blessing outcomes of the jobs for their loved ones. For example, a lot of new-become mothers, who are very exhausted, do not want to nurse their babies; however, they have to do that because breast milk is extraordinarily beneficial for their babies. Therefore, people should sometimes forget about their own interests for the sake of others, whom they love.

Second, doing undesirable things is a feasible plan to deal with difficulties in the future. This kind of things help people be familiar with the same situation later in life. For example, many students are accustomed to working by themselves. They may feel lose some freedom when they work with others for the group project. These students have to learn teamwork anyway because they will face the same situation when they enter the real workplace. They need to acquire the ability to do things that they do not like.

Third, achievements of certain goals are also very important for people when they have to do a job that is not fun. In life, people have all kinds of things that need to be done, and they should consider the achievements of these things as the practical rewards for themselves. For example, many students actually hate writing essay, but they have to stay in the local library very late every night to practice this skill for so many times. Why they have to do that? They need to pass the TOEFL test, a test required for their better career.

Overall, people should not let their negative feeling toward the unwanted job hinder their performances because the outcome of this kind of work may bring many benefits for their love ones, prepare better for their future, and reach certain targets in their daily life. People have to think twice before giving up to do things that they do not like.

Thank you for spending time to read my essay. I am looking forward to receiving any feedback from anyone.
Back to top Go down
renga

PostSubject: boredom   Free iBT independent writing task submission - Page 7 EmptyFri Oct 10, 2008 9:00 am

No job can be interesting all the time. Boredom is inherent in any kind of work. Even you choose to work in a subject you like; you will feel bored at no time. I strongly believe sometimes people have to work in a project or subject even they don’t enjoy it. There may be several reasons; but I think lack of interest, incompetency and negligence are the main reasons for the people to loose their interest in work.
First, if you are uninterested or didn’t like to do a particular project, it immediately leads to failure of that project. For example, when I was in my 3rd grade my dad wants me to join in a sports school. He sent me to the selection competition for a sports school. I didn’t like sports that time and didn’t show interest in it. Although he gave me lots of practice; I couldn’t perform well in that competition.
Second, we won’t enjoy a project if we lack skills necessary to do that project. An unskilled person cannot perform well in any kind of job. That is why each and every employer is giving variety of trainings to their employees. Once you develop your knowledge then you can do better. For example, when you get a driving license for the first time, you will be given one year probation period. You have to familiarize yourself in driving and traffic rules within that time.
Third, negligence or not getting reward for their hard work also makes a person to loose their hope for their advancement. Bonuses, employee of the month and performance review are some kind of reward for an employee for his hard work. To encourage their employee’s performance still many companies doing this.
In conclusion, although there are lots other things that impact people’s performance in a project, we can still keep them enjoying the job by developing their interest, skills and rewarding their hard work.
Back to top Go down
cynthia

PostSubject: writing section   Free iBT independent writing task submission - Page 7 EmptyFri Oct 10, 2008 2:16 pm

Life is not always about doing things we like. Sometimes, people should do things that they do not enjoy doing for different reasons, like as gaining experience or for being prepared when they have a situation in their hands. If people would only do the things they like, maybe everything would be kind of chaotic.

First of all, we should consider that some things we don’t do is just because we don’t like it. For example, making our bed or cleaning our room. Usually, people don’t enjoy this kind of activities. But it is for our best to sometimes make them, because we can know how to get things done. If we start cleaning our room, besides we don’t like it, maybe some day when we start living alone we could know which instruments use to clean different areas. Same as if we need to wash our dishes or our clothes and we don’t have a washing machine. Should we keep a big amount of clothes or dishes above the sink? Someday, we will need to do this things and it is better if we are already prepared to know what to do if this situation is right in front of our noses.

Another important thing to keep in mind is that, from every little thing we do, we can gain some experience. Imagine a class in which the teacher usually does what the student request. Someday he leaves the class as homework to write a little essay about their holydays, but because almost all the students don’t enjoy the idea of writing, the teacher cancels the homework. When these students arrive to college and they have to write a 20-pages assignment without extension date, then they will feel the pressure. If they had learn to deal with something they don’t like to do in the past, now they would be prepared to know how to write a good essay and wouldn’t be having trouble.

However, what should be taken in consideration is that there are certain things we don’t enjoy and we have the right to say “no”. For example, we might not enjoy drinking or smoking, because we know they are bad habits for us or because we had a bad experience in the past. In that case, we have the right to deny the experience of drinking or smoking because we know those things aren’t right for us.

In conclusion, life is about having choices and making decisions, but sometimes we need to choose to do things we don’t enjoy for our best. From every little thing we do we can learn something. Besides, it is something we are going to do sometimes, not always.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Free iBT independent writing task submission   Free iBT independent writing task submission - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Free iBT independent writing task submission
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next