Writing & Speaking Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Writing & Speaking Forums

Share your English test preparation efforts and strategies online!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Free IELTS extended essay writing task submission

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Retino

Free IELTS extended essay writing task submission - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Writing part 2   Free IELTS extended essay writing task submission - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 3:47 am

Travelling and exploring has been a well known hobby of mankind since the early stage of our development. Nowadays many peoples travel overseas to experience new culture, adventure and meet peoples from different backgrounds. Some people choose to travels in a group rather than individual. A group provides a sense of security, plan and mutual help along the journey.

I believe that travelling in a group is more fun rather than travelling single. There is always a well set plan, friends and family to share the joy and happiness. Furthermore a group is always lead by a guide, so all the members are well informed and there is always a helping hand in times of need. In addition, when there is a crowd around you, it is always fun and the environment is lively.

However, i think that travelling in group sometime restrict the member from experiencing a great deal of things in the country. The tour is pre-planned which might skip some core elements. On the other hands it is also distress for a young person to travel in group with bunch of old peoples.

There is always an alternative for everything. Travelling individual or as a couple can be better way to explore other country and their culture. People can feel a peace in mind while they are alone and also they have total control on what they want to do, which can be a better experience.

In conclusion, people with age bar and language problem are well suited for group travel while the youths should have opportunity to experience as much as they want while travelling overseas.
Back to top Go down
delachic

PostSubject: IELTS   Free IELTS extended essay writing task submission - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 7:08 pm

It may indeed be the case that some tourists may feel more secure and find traveling easier by this way of touring, so, it can be a effective mode of getting to know other parts of the world without melting too much with the culture and, thus, not being at any major risk while you do so.
However, in my own experience, I believe that the most effective and fulfilling way to get to know a foreign culture as well as their people, heritage, idiosyncrasy and perspectives on life is by getting to know all this characteristics by going deep into the everyday life in that nation, and, in order to do so, there are very little ways as effective as fusing with their culture by tasting their food, listening to their language, visiting their homes and interacting in general with the most important feature of a country, their people.
Personally, I have avoided traveling in large groups and having someone, like a tour guide, explaining to me, in my same language, the landscapes an so. I much rather travel by myself and submerge within the culture by walking alone in the streets of a city, new to me, and paying attention to the attitudes and behaviors of the people surrounding me.
Another great way of really getting to know a different lifestyle is staying at the home of a family in a foreign country, and, by this means, you could really take a deep look into their most important traditions and cultural appreciations in order to merge and learn about this features.
Back to top Go down
man_man1

PostSubject: Group Tours   Free IELTS extended essay writing task submission - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 8:27 pm

Group tours are now a days very common in almost every country in the world. It has both negative and positive impact for the tourist.

Group travel has its own advantages as you are well informed about the places you would be seeing. It makes more sense to go on a group tour if the country you are visiting has a different language which you do not know at all. It is always helpful as you have the tour operator handy with you to ask questions and guide you with questions you might have. If you have never been to any other country, one should prefer group tour as it would give the persons first few experiences so that in future he can plan alone.

Group tours are not always the best way for a frequent tourist who has seen few countries and loves expedition. Group tour has its own schedule and if there is some thing interesting that comes the way while you are touring, its not usually possible to have that included. Group tours to developed countries for a person who live in developed countries might not be a good choice as in these countries you are more secure and can expect a better, secure and known travel system.

Travel to different countries can be done via rail, ship, road too. In europe, you can travel completely by rail. In US you can travel most of the places by car, which makes it cheaper and enjoyable for the person who likes to drive. In cheaper country like India and china, you can travel by rail and road and being a cheaper country, you can save lot and spent more time where you want.

Thus, it depends on different factors based on which you decide how you want to travel. The most important thing is to plan and get complete information of the place you are traveling and then decide which one is best method.
Back to top Go down
boris -

PostSubject: ielts   Free IELTS extended essay writing task submission - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 4:21 pm

Traveling to a foreign country fot the first time it's always hard, not only because of the most obvious reasons (different language, different food) but also the fact that in a foreing country there's a whole other culture that undestands the world in a different way that one does.

The are many ways of traveling (for pleasure of course) to a different country i happen to experience two: in a group tour and all by myself.

The cuestion about traveling with a group of people in a tour is that the times are very rigid, i mean, of course you can party a bit every night but the bus tour will not stop if you aren't there on time. So you have to be careful all the time and pay attention to the hours when you leave the country...otherwise you can end up alone with no money and no people to support you in case of emergency.

But the good thing about this travel modality is the food, you have garantized meals while you're in the bus or in the hotel lobby, and there are also tourguides who will help you in the case of being on a trip to a jungle.

A whole different story is waiting for the ones who decide to visit a foreing country all by themselves, with nothing but a bag with personal affairs and money on a wallet. For example in my case i went last year to Guatemala to visit some ancient maya ruins. I have to admit that even if the trip become dangerous in some parts, i have this strange feeling all the time of being in a great adventure, always meeting new people at bars without knowing where i was going to sleep the other night (in a plaza, or in small hotel, or the house of a complete stranger).

In conclusion even when it's a little more scary being all by yourself in a strange totally different country, you learn more things about the culture and the way that people manage to survive in this places...but you have to be sure of how much money do you have with you, otherwise you will end up in the streets.

In the other hand traveling on group tours is a safety way to travel and you will not have to worry about money because of all the previous payments you did, but you take the risk that in some point of the tour you may feel a little bored because of the rules of the tour.

In the end...it's up to you, wheter you considerate yourself the kind of person that likes adventure or the kinds that prefer the safetyness of traveling on group tours.
Back to top Go down
Ericssen

PostSubject: Travelling Overseas   Free IELTS extended essay writing task submission - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 7:55 am

One of the way to travel overseas by joining a group tour. By joining a group tour, it will be very helpful for foreign tourists who do not recognize their destination but on the other hand they will be restricted from experiencing a lot of things about the country.

Travelling with a group tour is seems the easiest way to travel to foreign country. Group tour will arrange all of the schedules and give many excellent recreation places to be travelled. They will take a responsibility for hotel, food, safety, and the others. There are not anything must be concerned again because all of has been arranged. There is also a statement say that travelling with group tour is cheaper than travel alone. But on the other hand our freedom may be limited. do not hope to wake up late or go to place that unscheduled. All of the activities that has been arranged must be followed. Sometimes this situation annoy many tourists especially tourist who like to have many experiences in their travel. Many of those tourists like to interact more with local citizens, eat the traditional foods, see the culture attractions, visit special place even dangerous place. All of that will give a self-satisfaction. But, they must be ready to face the different language and customs. If not, the travel will not be a comfortable trave but a nightmare travel.

In conclusion which from both travel ways must be chosen is depending on the travellers what they prefer. With both positive and negative aspects, each has own charasteristics that may be attract tourists.
Back to top Go down
raju

PostSubject: please check my essay   Free IELTS extended essay writing task submission - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 9:09 am

The table below shows the consumer durables (telephone, refrigerator, etc.) owned in Britain from 1972 to 1983.
Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below. You should write at least 150 words

Consumer
durables 1972 1974 1976 1978 1979 1981 1982 1983
central heating 39 43 48 52 55 59 60 64
television 93 95 96 96 97 97 97 98
vacuum
cleaner 87 89 92 92 93 94 95 -
refrigerator 73 81 88 91 92 93 93 94
washing
machine 66 68 71 75 74 78 79 80
Dish washer - - - 3 3 4 4 5
telephone 42 50 54 60 67 75 76 77

This table gives an account of information relating to the changes of durable goods owned by British households .it provides figures between 1972 and 1983 and trend clearly reflects that all the electronic goods owned by British household increased during this period.

With reference to this chart, it can be seen that one of the most significant trends was rise in telephone ownership. At the beginning of the period, telephone ownership accounted 42%, and this figure had risen to 77% in 1983. Simultaneously, other durable goods such as central heating, refrigerator and washing machine also increased; however, recorded less growth when comparison is made with previous one- the central heating ownership rising from 39% of households in 1972 to 64% in 1983, households with a refrigerator from 73% to 94% and of those with a washing machine from 66% to 80%. However, the least growth experienced were vacuum cleaners, television and dish washers ownership,each accounting an increment of 8%, 5% and 2% respectively.

In conclusion, during the twelve years of the period there have been dramatic changes in the ownership of durable goods in Great Britain. However, a maximum growth is seen for telephone and central heating ownership.
Back to top Go down
marj

PostSubject: writing task 2   Free IELTS extended essay writing task submission - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 1:45 pm

Travelling to other countries and having a first-hand exposure of the culture and practices is a one-of-a-kind experience. This can be done individually, in large groups, or by some other people, in smaller groups with close friends and family. In large tour groups, however, travelling experience may not be as effective as that of smaller ones. It will be closely compared as we go further with the discussion.

Visiting another country is a personal experience and should be shared by people close to you. This "personal" experience may not be as conceptualized when you travel with large groups, consisting of people whom you have not even met before, as when you travel with the ones you know with whom you share the same sentiments and expectations with. Thus, travelling in large groups is less effective.

Personal safety is an important factor to consider when going overseas; travelling itself is already a personal threat, so it is important that one feels safe to maximize the experience of exploring another country's scenic spots and knowing in-depth its culture. One can achieve this by going to places with person/s you already know for a long period of time as you feel more comfortable travelling with them and not with strangers whom you got acquainted with during the course of the trip.

After analyzing the factors cited above, it is clear that travelling abroad in large groups is not an effective choice. To pump up one's experience of overseas travel, it is best to go in smaller groups of people with close ties whom share common interests and not on large tour groups.
Back to top Go down
luna

PostSubject: travel   Free IELTS extended essay writing task submission - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 3:52 am

travelling overseas with a group is the best way to travel. in particular, it helps to broadens our mind and have fun. people get tired and boring because of everyday work overload and stress. therefore, traveling will help them to relief from work pressure . in my discussion, firstly, i will explain some advantages of travelling then its impact on overseas people.
to begin with, travelling with a group means having fun and excitement. in addition, we got a leisure time to share our feelings and happiness with eachother. so, it will allows to develop a good human relationship and a kind of commmitment.
besides having enjoyment, we can also get an oppurtunity to learn different languages and customs. eventhough, its hard to understand other languages but we will be able to understand with the help of interpreter. as we all know that english is an international languages and we hardly find people who dont speak english. therefore, its quite easy to communicate with the people and know about their cultures and beliefs and values.
i agree to some extent that we can involve in other cultural programmes and got chance to learn about their lifestyle and their beliefs and faith to their religion. but, its really difficult to adapt with those kinds of things. i would like to give an example, in most asian and muslim countries, the girls are not allowed to hug with boys or stay with them. but, in european countries there is totally free. furthermore, its only the culture that allow them because they are broad minded people.
to conclude my discussion, travelling provide great advantage to the people. despite having some disadantages, it got plenty good things to people in terms of sharing happiness with eachother, relaxing the mind and knowing indigenous cultures and way of living patterns. i fully agree that peoples are benefited by the travelling and they got the oppurtunity to improve their lifestyle as well.
Back to top Go down
BINA

PostSubject: travel   Free IELTS extended essay writing task submission - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 3:57 am

Travelling overseas with a group is the best way to travel. in particular, it helps to broadens our mind and have fun. people get tired and boring because of everyday work overload and stress. therefore, traveling will help them to relief from work pressure . in my discussion, firstly, i will explain some advantages of travelling then its impact on overseas people.

To begin with, travelling with a group means having fun and excitement. in addition, we got a leisure time to share our feelings and happiness with eachother. so, it will allows to develop a good human relationship and a kind of commmitment.

Besides having enjoyment, we can also get an oppurtunity to learn different languages and customs. eventhough, its hard to understand other languages but we will be able to understand with the help of interpreter. as we all know that english is an international languages and we hardly find people who dont speak english. therefore, its quite easy to communicate with the people and know about their cultures and beliefs and values.

I agree to some extent that we can involve in other cultural programmes and got chance to learn about their lifestyle and their beliefs and faith to their religion. but, its really difficult to adapt with those kinds of things. i would like to give an example, in most asian and muslim countries, the girls are not allowed to hug with boys or stay with them. but, in european countries there is totally free. furthermore, its only the culture that allow them because they are broad minded people.

To conclude my discussion, travelling provide great advantage to the people. despite having some disadantages, it got plenty good things to people in terms of sharing happiness with eachother, relaxing the mind and knowing indigenous cultures and way of living patterns. i fully agree that peoples are benefited by the travelling and they got the oppurtunity to improve their lifestyle as well.
Back to top Go down
Maria

PostSubject: Re: Free IELTS extended essay writing task submission   Free IELTS extended essay writing task submission - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 9:50 am

People are bombardier with travel ads that show the beauty of country that might always be our dream place to be. There are many ways provided to help us to spend our holiday time perfectly. For some people, they chose to go on tour group which might be effective and efficient on their trip. However, this might gives some advantages and disadvantages for particular customers.

For instance, old couple people might be prefer to join tour groups which they could enjoy the efficiency to avoid any language barrier. As far as they could enjoy the trip and togetherness with their lovely one, they would not mind to spend their money for "too plan managed" trip.

On the other hand, young people that wild and thirsty for experiencing new things, would prefer to have fun where they could dig out the beauty or danger of the foreign country itself.

However, if the purpose of the travelers are to figure out the foreign country culture, i would say it would be better to take their journey by them self without any tour groups. This would enable us to walk out into local community where we might find out the true culture diversity. For example, on how local people live, how they communicate, or else we might find out what we did not expect.

In my opinion, it depends on the travelers lifestyle whether to have safe n organized trip or take a risk to dissolved with local people and search for the different culture itself. There is no best travel style definition. As long they could feel enjoyable and memorable moment in the foreign country.
Back to top Go down
julia0345

PostSubject: Re: Free IELTS extended essay writing task submission   Free IELTS extended essay writing task submission - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 1:47 pm

nice essay..but i think need to more concentrate on vocabulary
Back to top Go down
http://www.ielts-studies.tk
Hadi Man

PostSubject: Travel Experience   Free IELTS extended essay writing task submission - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 8:22 pm

One of the most added value to my life is traveling, it is great to see different cultures and deal with different people, understand their habits, learn new ethics and discover new places that you would not reach in a book.

I believe traveling within a group can provide some sort of security specially for the elder people or for those who never experienced travel before, I remember the first journey for me to the Asian land was to Beijing and within a group of people and I felt that it was a right choice for me as it was not easy to find some one speaks your language or direct you to somewhere you want to visit or even ask a simple question, by having a tour operator we got familiar with the city people much easier and faster, to be honest, I felt more comfortable and secured specially when it was my first time visiting a foreign country.

On the other hand we were so limited in sites we visited and in meals we have to take on particular timing in spite the tour was for one week long but it seems too short and the day ends in couple hours.

Several years later I traveled again to Shanghai which is the second biggest city in China and decided to to be independent on this trip, it was so hard but more exiting and I gained more experience than the first one and since that time I visited more than 12 cities in China alone beside another almost another 20 different countries and can reach any address I want to go without any fear to the people or the place.

Thanks to the new technology which made everything easier specially in learning and educating people, and one of the best things nowadays that where ever you go you will find the support and assistance in so many different ways like city directory, city maps, transportation routs, and the amazing thing that you can now have a one day tour for as many sites as you wish, you can say you can tailor your stay in the new city the way you wish.

A new trend or a new excitement now that you can travel anywhere you want from your seat, either through the internet starting from touristic sites rich in photos and videos up to Google live view to the place and guess what, this is all beside the vast variety of TV channels that brings to you most of places that even very rare people been there and for sure the human life will never be enough to discover what is existing on earth or under sea adventure world wide.
Back to top Go down
dep

PostSubject: Group Tourism   Free IELTS extended essay writing task submission - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 7:22 pm

In my opinion, travelling overseas in a group is an attractive option for experiencing a foreign land. It not only gives a sense of security but also saves from a lot of hassles.

For example, if you travel in groups, you need not worry too much about knowing or researching about the area before hand. Because the group guide will provide you with all these details when and wherever necessary during the trip. This implies that people will have one less thing to worry in their already busy and over-worked daily lives. Also if you travel in a group there is a fair chance that you will be able to see and explore most of the historic and important places of that country which in my opinion may be missed due lack of complete knowledge about them, if you travel alone.

Group tourism also helps people in meeting new people and developing frienships. I remember that when i went to Switzerland two years back, i met with a girl on the group tour, with whom i still exchange emails. She has been proven to be such a good friend.

Having mentioned the merits of group travel, i would also like to mention that group travel is not the only option for foreign travel. One can take the help of friends from that country or browse the internet so as to gather sufficient information about the culture and customs, places of interest, local food and transport etc. Also, a small local language dictionary can be used to interact with the locals effectively.

In my opinion group travel takes out the worries and troubles out of your travel and makes holidaying a more enjoyable and fulfilling experience.
Back to top Go down
bard 63

PostSubject: Re: Free IELTS extended essay writing task submission   Free IELTS extended essay writing task submission - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 9:12 am

At first sight, traveling on tour groups appears to be a very good idea.
The tourist agencies are professional organizations that provide theirs services to people that want to travel abroad. They employ local people that know local attractions, the most beautiful places to visit, foods to savour, and the most important, they speak local language.
They provide you with a sense of security and ease. You don't have to worry where you are going to sleep, what are you going to eat, if the food and drink is safe. You are not worried wether you are going to be charged more than you should for the souvenirs you want to buy, or go to visit dangerous places where sometimes you can risk you life. Everything is organized for you and your job is just to sit back and enjoy the ride.
However further analysis reveals drawbacks to this way of traveling abroad.
Firstly, it restricts you from experiencing many things about the country you are visiting. There are places that you might want to stay longer, but you can not, due to the tour schedule.
Secondly, the local attractions that tour groups visit are usually very crowded and you will have only a superficial and hurried tour. If you go alone, you can choose you on time to visit and decide how long you want to stay.
If you are a type of person that likes the privacy,the tour group is not for you.
On balance, it is my personal view that advantages of traveling abroad on a tour group slightly out weigh the disadvantages.
Back to top Go down
Ahmed

PostSubject: Travel overseas with group tours   Free IELTS extended essay writing task submission - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 9:45 pm

A great way to learn and experience new culture new enviroment new faces new places and top of everything coping meeting comunicating with another language is travelling.Nowadays for the blessings of modern technology there are hundread of ways to make the overseas tour much more memorable and efficient.However before we plan for any journeny few things comes in our mind safety and secrurity.for those reasons people like to travel with a group tours.In fact, in maximum time It depends on peoples age and thier nature.For instance,young people as their nature their are a bit of wild and furious while older people clam and wise .they think thousand of times before taking any action.

The place we are standing everything can be possible for the advancement of techology.For this particul reason people like to travel alone.Techology advancement such as GPS It's a kind of device shows how to get to desired desitination. so they can experience the new things through their own way and enjoy every corner of their journey.It's the biggest problem with tour groups.For example- people who like to enjoy the beauty of opera other people they may like to go Tazman to see how the enviroment is changing.so definitely people fail to get the purpose of the journey.On the other hand people who make their journey alone without any tour groups they are free to go everywhere,there are no restictions and unsatisfactory things. However there are some disadavantages such communication and lonelyness.

On the other hand journey with tour groups have definite safety and secruity.Although they have everything but sometimes they find some restrictions which keep them away from expereccing about what they come to see.For instance , time limitation of the tour and have restriction in their choices

Dispite of everything I would like to say It's completely depend on peoples naturality and their mentality.young people they like to have ultimate freedom they may like to travel with alone being thirsty and furious they like to reach top of the mountain and see the condtions poor country's people.which helps them to learn the importance of life and implement those thing in future.However foreign country where they are unfamiliar with enviroment and culture they should have some one to guide them.
Back to top Go down
sg1984

PostSubject: essay   Free IELTS extended essay writing task submission - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 3:47 pm

Touring foreign countries is a mind blowing experience to most of the people.The way of
travelling and the number of people involved may depend according to their budget and
planning.Hence a question arise to travel in a group has more merits than demerits..

To begin with the effectiveness,a group tour is more or less cost effective and economical.
For an example,many travel agencies offer a good and affordable bundle when they see
a massive one time booking.This can reduce the cost of journey.This cost cutting can be
applied when they are in tour also..

Apart from that,a gang trip may have a wide range of experienced personalities, those
who visited the place earlier and it can be helpful to rest of the participants.Their
presence will surely relaxes the tension and anxiety about the new place and their culture.
Moreover they can even speak the native language,and hence it will ease the interaction
with local people.

But others believe that,a group journey will restrict the privacy of the trip.They also states
that the presence of more people will kill the freedom to visit the valuable places of the
touring country.It cannot be accepted completely because alteration in groups can always
be applicable in such pleasure trips.

Finally the most appropriate way to plan and execute tour to abroad is consulting the
home embassy and enquiring about the places to visit.it will provide a clear cut idea about
the way to travel and accommodation details more or less clearly..
Back to top Go down
wakeel

PostSubject: ielts writing 2   Free IELTS extended essay writing task submission - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 3:22 am

my name is anthony gonzalez.
my name is gonzalez
my name is gonzalez
my name is gonzalez
my name is gonzalez
my name is gonzalez
my name is gonzalez
my name is gonzalezmy name is anthony gonzalez.
my name is gonzalez
Back to top Go down
marie A

PostSubject: Travelling   Free IELTS extended essay writing task submission - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 10:40 pm

[justify]Everybody wants to fly and visit other countries but when raising to the question where to stay, how to speak is often a problem. Most of the peolple who go for holidays alone must have gone with someone with experience in this field their first time. Thus why is it so important? it is all because people fell secure as these person with thom they are going know how to go in all the different stage of taking the plane and arriving in their destination. This situatioin is more often with old people or with people who have difficulites in speaking a particular language. This idea of going in groups or with people how have alrerady is not only good for the people but also for the people working the airport.
Back to top Go down
farooq

PostSubject: Re: Free IELTS extended essay writing task submission   Free IELTS extended essay writing task submission - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 4:30 am

Man from his evolution has been roaming around to new places to explore the mysteries of this universe. In past he travels from one way to another in search of food, shelter or other living requirements. This modern age has termed this activity in a much sophisticated way as tourism in which an individual or a group travel to other place for their pleasure or to observe the natural beauty.
It has been noticed recently that majority of the people travel to visit different places in form of groups. This style of traveling is adopted by most of the people in order to enjoy their trip and also to feel themselves as a part of a community who has same goals. This inculcates a sense of belonging and more time to enjoy their experience with a larger number of people. Traveling in group also brings cultural diversity within the group and people learn a lot form each other about their cultures. Another positive aspect is travel groups are provided with local guides and security to make sure that the group captures an unforgettable trip. It also help the members of the group to overcome any communication barrier within the trip.
On the other hand some critics believe that traveling in a group restrict travelers to set a schedule and they are not able to explore the way they like. Some people also argue that their privacy has been compromised by traveling in the group.
To conclude traveling is regarded as one of the greatest hobby across the globe. People love to travel to find their peace of mind from the hustling bustling life.
Back to top Go down
Papia

PostSubject: Task 2 on ideal society   Free IELTS extended essay writing task submission - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 11:04 am

Ideal society should be provided with all the facilities that people need.A society represents his nation and its impact is imposed on the social, cultural and overall whole aspects of life. People wants to create an ideal society.But due to some limitations, it is difficult to make. As we are living in modern civilization , ideal society would be a great part of our life.

Education would be most important component of creating an ideal society .An educated society has the ability to evaluate the right and wrong.An educated person will be less interested on antisocial activities. Furthermore,he will do something better for human welfare.

However, an ideal society should provide all the basic needs which is unbiased on religion and community.Urbanization facilities such as electricity, gas, water should be provided as well
Nevertheless, it is difficult or sometimes impossible to create an ideal society.Loss of social value, antisocial activities,social crimes, lack of knowledge may leads to fail creating a desirable society.Nowadays, the social relations are declining due to the hectic and competitive urban life.

Anyway, an ideal society can be made with the cooperation of the educated persons of the society.Proper social and cultural activities may help to create an ideal society. The social activists should more aware about their responsibilities.

In conclusion,an ideal society represents sone nation .So it should be a major responsibility of every person of a society to create an ideal society.
Back to top Go down
karen

PostSubject: travelling abroad   Free IELTS extended essay writing task submission - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 4:02 am

Travelling has been a common leisure activity these days. Other people like to go on vacation by themselves together with their families. Others like doing so by signing up in a package tour.

I've known a lot of my students who sheared to me their travel experiences on group tours. They told me that it's not that enjoyable because they have to do most things in a hurry. The only thing that they can do is take a lot of pictures and eat the food in that particular place in a fancy restaurant of that certain place. I guess this is hassle free in a sense that you do not have to be anxious about the the transportation, the accommodation and the the sites to visit for sightseeing.
However, this arrangement is just a fantasy. One cannot really be acquainted with the real situation in that place if he has to go touring by flock. For example, if a foreigner visits Cebu, my place, a travel agency will see to it that that foreigner will just go to exotic places like Shangri-la, Taoist Temple, Magellan's Cross and so many others which does not really represent the Philippine culture. It is just the other side of the coin when the real Cebu is when a stranger goes to Colon to witness the disgusting smell of the traditional food there. That's just one evidence.

I absolutely think that the best way to go on vacation is to befriend somebody in that area where you want to visit not through contacting a travel agency. By getting to know somebody in that certain vicinity, one can have an opportunity to stay in their house and mingle with the local people there, thus one can have a chance to speak their native language. That friend can also recommend certain places and traveling from one site to another does not have to be done quickly. One can take time to enjoy viewing the spectacular places in that area. Therefore, he has time to ask socialize with other persons there. It is an effective way of becoming familiar with the culture of that society. One can also get the chance to interact with them naturally. Becoming acquainted with a certain culture in this way is the most effective.

I strongly believe that going on group tours is effective if we talk about convenience, but if one wants to really know the culture of that nation deeply, the best way is to befriend somebody in that place and travel together with that person.
Back to top Go down
Atsuko

PostSubject: Regarding "Free IELTS Writing Task 2 (Extended Essay) "   Free IELTS extended essay writing task submission - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 6:18 am

I think people who like traveling have lots of curious. Therefore, If they don't know about a country where they want to go, they should go there. In that case, the group tours could be chosen by them because it can provide them with a sense of security and ease in a foreign country. And also, it is actually easy for people to arrange a travel. So it is a wide range among people.
However, some people want to arrange their travel by themselves or they have to ready for going abroad when people have a clear purpose such as studying at a University. In this case, it alredy starts to learn a country's culture because the people have to search something by themselves. After going there, the people can get experience by living there.
I consider it is better way to travel overseas and experience a foreign country and culture when people live in a country or arrange their travel by themselves. Because it always has problems so people can not forget the experience easily but also, they can get nice experience.
Back to top Go down
username

PostSubject: task 2   Free IELTS extended essay writing task submission - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 6:22 pm

Humans are social creature .It is said that humans originated from Africa and migrated to different parts of the world. They always travelled in groups as there is a sense of protection and care from each other and when they hunt in groups, there is higher chances of killing the prey. However, those scenario has been changed.
As said earlier, people now a days, they can migrate without anyone. As being a social animal, we can socialise with any people in the world. Travelling in groups definitely restricts us from learning many things. Moreover, everyone in the group has the same level of knowledge about the country. However, that is not all we want. We want is, we need to gather more information than others. For example, my father has travelled many countries including Australia. He always travelled in group due to which he has limited knowledge about Australia. But i travel wherever i want and i know lot more than him. Another example would be, researchers from national geographic or discovery channel often go to different places with a camera and they even stay in that place for few days so that they learn about the people, the culture, the language they speak.
Despite all these facts, moving alone can be boring. Since, you are single, there is a chance that you might get lost or maybe you might be robbed depending what kind of place you travel.
To conclude, i would rather prefer to travel alone and face any challenge or even if i have to travel in group i would travel with a person who could be my guide.
Back to top Go down
Adnan

PostSubject: Task2   Free IELTS extended essay writing task submission - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 12:38 am

Everything has two sides and traveling with a group is not an exception. Some people find it helpful to travel with their known ones. On the other hand to some critics it is a barrier to get most out of an overseas tour.

It always feels comfortable to travel with some friends or known people. It is more obvious if the destination is a foreign country where a different language is spoken. In a foreign land anybody can fall in danger easily. In that kind of a situation, traveling with a group could be safer. Traveling with a group also helps to reduce the cost by sharing the expenses.

On the other hand many people believe that traveling lonely in a foreign land could serve the purpose more effectively. If someone is traveling alone, he is will naturally make contact with the local people. Eventually it will help to know the culture and language of the concerned area. It increases the chance to get the inside of a culture and enjoy the trip more heartedly.

While traveling with a group, people tend to involved in chatting with the fellow group members. So, they do not pay enough attention to the surrounding they are traveling through. It seems just like a picnic at the central park of the town. In contrast, roaming alone would help to get closer to the nature or crowd of a foreign country.

In conclusion, I am in support of traveling alone since it is more exciting and challenging.
Back to top Go down
misbah

PostSubject: Travelling alone or in group,what are the other best ways   Free IELTS extended essay writing task submission - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 12:56 pm

Exploring and learning about new cultures and places by means of travelling have remained the favourable hobby of mankind right from its origin to the present day.Debate about travelling alone or in groups mainly focuses around the purpose of travel.Travelling in groups are mostly aimed for entertainment and recreational purposes.On the other hand,a person can gain enough knowledge and information by travelling alone by intermingling with the residents of that place.Both the ways of travelling are effective in their own way.With the advancement in transport media and tourism,new ways are constantly being introduced on regular basis to the tourist lovers.
Travelling,in groups,is no doubtedly entertaining and refreshing for the travellers but it has certain restrictions in knowing new place and being familiar with that place.In group travelling,mostly a head or the most experienced person of the group guide the tour and interact with the local people.In that way,he learns their language and customs more than the rest of the group.As we know,communication is the best tool to know other cultuers and places,only the communicating person of the group get an insight into the new culture.While the rest of the people in the group,either hesitate or donot like to interact and thus failed to experience new things.Thus,travlling in groups mostly enrich the information of the guiding person of the group.
Nowadays,advancements in the transport media has made it easy for the travellers to travel around the world at any time.Now the people donot have to wait for the specific weather conditions to travel,as they have multiple modes of transport to travel by air,land or sea.The internet facilities have made it easy to plan and book the tour beforehand.The tourist guide centers across the globe help and provide with the latest information to the travellers.Moreover,the language seems to be no barrier in travelling,as many tourist guide centers have the interpretters or many of them can speak and understand more than one language.Therefore,all these facilities have opened up a number of new channels for the travellers to travel to new places.
In the end,I would just emphsize the fact that learning new cultures and places can be best done by interacting and communicating wtih the people of that place.Only this way,one can get a closer insight of their culture and customs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Free IELTS extended essay writing task submission   Free IELTS extended essay writing task submission - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Free IELTS extended essay writing task submission
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next