Writing & Speaking Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Writing & Speaking Forums

Share your English test preparation efforts and strategies online!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Answer Submission for Part 2 / Question 7

Go down 
+5
nisha08
sfhdweb
georgya3
Yannick
Jason
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jason
Admin
Admin
Jason

Answer Submission for Part 2 / Question 7 Empty
PostSubject: Answer Submission for Part 2 / Question 7   Answer Submission for Part 2 / Question 7 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2007 10:43 am

Please post your writing responses for the free online TOEIC writing test task (question 7) here. You do not need to log in or register to post your writing, simply click on POSTREPLY.

Please answer the writing prompt in 10 minutes or less.

Please allow at least a couple of days for an OnlinEnglish.net Administrator to view and respond to your task. Responses will be limited to a score and some generic comments targeting the areas you could improve in.

Good luck!

Last edited by on Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.onlinEnglish.net/jason.html
lmsanche

PostSubject: question 7 teoic test   Answer Submission for Part 2 / Question 7 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2007 6:16 pm

Susan.. hello... long time no see...
It is really good to hear from you and to know that you are orginizing such an event. Congrats... your are the one for that.

I am surely attending the the reunion but please let me know when and where it will be held since i have to be prepared. You can send the information to my e-mail address.

Thank you so much for writting and SEE YA.......

lizbeth
Back to top Go down
maximus

PostSubject: Re: Answer Submission for Part 2 / Question 7   Answer Submission for Part 2 / Question 7 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2007 2:46 am

To: Susan Summers
Subject: Hi! Susan
How are you? I am so glad to hear from you. I really want to go there and see you guys. Where will the reunion be opened? and what date?
Can you forward the direction map to me? I look forward to seeing you guys.

Henna
Back to top Go down
Yannick
Admin
Admin
Yannick

PostSubject: Score / Feedback for Imsanche   Answer Submission for Part 2 / Question 7 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2007 8:31 pm

lmsanche wrote:
Susan.. hello... long time no see...
It is really good to hear from you and to know that you are orginizing such an event. Congrats... your are the one for that.

I am surely attending the the reunion but please let me know when and where it will be held since i have to be prepared. You can send the information to my e-mail address.

Thank you so much for writting and SEE YA.......

lizbeth

Hello Imsanche. Thank you for submitting your writing effort for Q. 7 of the TOEIC test.

Part 2 of the TOEIC test "Respond to a Written Request" is worth 8 points. The section has two tasks [question 6 and 7] with each task being allocated a maximum of 4 points. To receive perfect score your response needs to effectively address all the tasks in the prompt, using multiple sentences that clearly convey the information, be organized and have appropriate connecting words, have few grammar and spelling mistakes, and be using correct tone and register.

Your score for question 7 = 2/4

You would score 2 due to your spelling and grammar mistakes as well as the register used. I would stick to writing in a more formal manner, with some friendly words included into the letter.

Tips for improvement

1) Punctuation. Ellipsis or suspension points '...' are used to show that you are omitting a word or phrase necessary for a complete syntactical construction but not necessary for understanding. Your use of the ellipsis is unwarranted for the 2 first occurrences and inaccurate for the 3rd occurrence. You should simply be placing a period. Furthermore the following are not punctuation marks '..' '.......'

2) Lexicon. The vocabulary you are using is inappropriate for an email of this nature. The email is very impersonal which indicates that this is more of a formal email. There is no use of slang in the letter nor is there any indication that the two of you were or are friends. The use of the word ‘classmate’ might have thrown you off. In this instance, classmate has more of an acquaintance resonance than friendship. Therefore, you should not use slang in your writing ‘SEE YA’.

3) Format. As indicted above this email is formal, hence you should be replying in a more formal manner. Opening separated from the rest of the text, and a closing.

4) Capitalization and spelling.

Last edited by on Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://onlinenglish.net/
Yannick
Admin
Admin
Yannick

PostSubject: Score / Feedback for Henna   Answer Submission for Part 2 / Question 7 EmptySun Oct 14, 2007 12:40 am

maximus wrote:
Subject: Hi! Susan
How are you? I am so glad to hear from you. I really want to go there and see you guys. Where will the reunion be opened? and what date?
Can you forward the direction map to me? I look forward to seeing you guys.

Henna

Hello Henna. Thank you for submitting question 7 of the TOEIC writing section.

As you may know, part 2 of the TOEIC test "Respond to a Written Request" is worth 8 points. The section has two tasks [question 6 and 7] with each task being allocated a maximum of 4 points.

To receive a perfect score your response needs to effectively address all the tasks in the prompt, using multiple sentences that clearly convey the information, be organized and have appropriate connecting words, have few to no grammar and spelling errors, and be using the correct tone and register.

Your score for question 7 = 2/4

For this question I would score you a 2 out of 4. You answer the prompts, but you do nothing to develop your response, and that is a very important point to get a score of 4.

Tips to help improve
1)Explain the "why" to your questions. Don’t just state them. This point is the big difference between a 3 and a 4.

2)Make your introductory paragraph polite and friendly. This can be one or two lines. I would prefer two lines.

3) Make your body paragraph(s) focused on your reasons for writing. When asking for information, always explain why you want the information.

4) Have a thoughtful / friendly closing [do not write love].

Last edited by on Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:59 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jie Li

PostSubject: TOEIC Writing question 7   Answer Submission for Part 2 / Question 7 EmptyTue Oct 16, 2007 9:13 am

Hi Susan,

What a pleasant surprise! How do you do? I'm sorry for not keeping in touch with all of you. It has been ages since we last met.

I'm anxious to meet all of you, really. However, I'm afraid I can't get my car back on time for that dinner as it's badly damaged in a terrible accident last week. Could you give me a lift, please?

Furthermore, may I know what is the dress code of the dinner? Certainly I don't to be underdress or overdress.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Love,
Jie Li
Back to top Go down
yay

PostSubject: TOEIC Writing question 7   Answer Submission for Part 2 / Question 7 EmptyWed Oct 17, 2007 3:51 am

Hi Susan,

Surely I remember you! it's been a while though, I'll be glad to attend the reunion.

would you be kind enough to send me through this e-mail add (BasicInstinct@yahoo.com) about when and where its going to be held?
One more thing Could ibring a friend with me?

hope to hear from you soon,

Best regards
Albert
Back to top Go down
Yannick
Admin
Admin
Yannick

PostSubject: Score / Feedback for Jie Li   Answer Submission for Part 2 / Question 7 EmptyWed Oct 17, 2007 10:56 pm

Jie Li wrote:
Hi Susan,

What a pleasant surprise! How do you do? I'm sorry for not keeping in touch with all of you. It has been ages since we last met.

I'm anxious to meet all of you, really. However, I'm afraid I can't get my car back on time for that dinner as it's badly damaged in a terrible accident last week. Could you give me a lift, please?

Furthermore, may I know what is the dress code of the dinner? Certainly I don't to be underdress or overdress.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Love,
Jie Li

Hello Jie Li. Thank you for submitting your writing effort for Q. 7 of the TOEIC test on onlinEnglish.net.

Part 2 of the TOEIC test "Respond to a Written Request" is worth 8 points. The section has two tasks [question 6 and 7] with each task being allocated a maximum of 4 points. To receive perfect score your response needs to effectively address all the tasks in the prompt, using multiple sentences that clearly convey the information, be organized and have appropriate connecting words, have few grammar and spelling mistakes, and be using correct tone and register.

Your score for question 7 = 3/4

I think this is a good attempt at the task. You would have scored a 3 for this effort. Had you developed your 2nd question further and used a more appropriate register for this email you could have scored a 4.

Methods to improve

My first advice concerns your first question. You are asking Susan for a lift to the graduation reunion, however as a re-introductory letter you shouldn’t be, so personal. At the moment I find it hard to believe that you are both on friendly terms. A question of this nature would appear in a second or third email correspondence between the two of you.

Secondly, I would refrain from using ‘love’ as a complimentary closing for the same reason as mentioned above.

Finally, instead of writing “underdress or overdress”, you should write formal, semi-casual or casual dressing.
Back to top Go down
Yannick
Admin
Admin
Yannick

PostSubject: Score / Feedback for Yay   Answer Submission for Part 2 / Question 7 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2007 6:06 pm

yay wrote:
Hi Susan,

Surely I remember you! it's been a while though, I'll be glad to attend the reunion.

would you be kind enough to send me through this e-mail add (BasicInstinct@yahoo.com) about when and where its going to be held?
One more thing Could ibring a friend with me?

hope to hear from you soon,

Best regards
Albert

Hello Yay, and thank you for partaking in the 2nd part of the TOEIC test with onlinEnglish.net. You have submitted question 7.

Your score for question 7 = 3/4

I like the way you approached the task. Your introductory sentence is clear and the tone and register you use are appropriate

Areas for improvement

For starters, develop your email. The difference between a score of 3 and a score of 4 in this case is how well you develop your reply. It does not need to be an entire page, but I would be looking at roughly half a page of writing.

Moving on, you need to address your problem with capitalization. Remember to always start a sentence with a capital letter.
Back to top Go down
Lindaxu

PostSubject: TOEIC Writing question 7   Answer Submission for Part 2 / Question 7 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2007 2:48 pm

Dear Susan,

Thanks for the invitation to our 15 year graduation reunion. And thanks for orginizing the reunion for us. Yes I do remember you. We were in the same vollyball team back then. I miss those old silly days. It was fun, wasn't it?

Yes I'd like to be in this reunion. I promise I won't miss it for the whole world. I have some questions about it: How much do we need to contribute? Where is the location? And when will it hold?

By the way, do you need some extra help? If so, do not hesitate to let me know.

Look forward to seeing you!
Back to top Go down
Janice

PostSubject: TOEIC Writing question 7   Answer Submission for Part 2 / Question 7 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2007 10:12 pm

Good Day!
Yes, I remember you. It's been awhile! 15years that's how long it has been?
Surely I'll be happy to attend the reunion, where and when will it be?. could you please send me through e-mail the details.

One more thing, Could I bring a friend with me at the party?

Best Regards,

Janice
Back to top Go down
lalita v

PostSubject: TOEIC Writing questions 7   Answer Submission for Part 2 / Question 7 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2007 11:17 am

Hello Susan,

It was a nice surpirse to get your email. Yes, I do remember you and your email brought back all the memories of our school days. I certainly would like to attend the reunion this time.
I wanted to know whether I am allowed to bring a guest? And please let me know if dinner is served, and if so, what is my contribution towards it?
Hope to see you soon,

With best wishes,

Lalita.
Back to top Go down
AHMED

PostSubject: Re: Answer Submission for Part 2 / Question 7   Answer Submission for Part 2 / Question 7 EmptySun Oct 28, 2007 10:07 pm

HELLO,
Thanks for remembering me on your reunion day,its an honour to attend that day with you.I'll surely remember you ,how can you just think that i've forgotten you.So e-mail me the timings and as well as the invitation card.
Honourly,

AHEMD.
Back to top Go down
jorams

PostSubject: Re: Answer Submission for Part 2 / Question 7   Answer Submission for Part 2 / Question 7 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2007 6:12 am

Hi Susan Summers,
Greetings!
It would be my privilege to be invited in our coming !5th reunion.Im more than happy to be there. Just email me what i can share for the success of the reunion and where is the event will happen. This would be my opportunity to meet all my highschool mates and see how they are now with their new families.
See you soon and waiting for the details.

Yours,
Ramon Realiza
Back to top Go down
Jorams R

PostSubject: Question 7   Answer Submission for Part 2 / Question 7 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2007 1:58 am

Greetings!
It is my pride and honor to be part of this 15th reunion of our highschool batch.Yes, of course I remember you Susan. You are always the President of our class since 1st year. I am happy you come out with this reunion again. It would be my first time to attend since i migrated after our graduation way back 15 years ago.I would be more than happy to meet all our classmates and schoolmates, can't wait to see them.
See you and best regards!

Ramon Realiza
Back to top Go down
anne

PostSubject: Re: Answer Submission for Part 2 / Question 7   Answer Submission for Part 2 / Question 7 EmptySat Nov 10, 2007 1:48 am

Hi Susan,
I can't wait to see you again. Of course, I'll try to be there next month. When are you planing to do it? I hope it won't be before June 10th because I'll be in Paris. Do you need any help? If you do, just call me and I'll help you with the organization of the reunion. That must be a lot of work for you. Are you married? Where are you working? Well, we'll talk about it next month!
See you ,
Anne
Back to top Go down
lampou

PostSubject: TOEIC WRITING QUESTION 7   Answer Submission for Part 2 / Question 7 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2008 3:29 pm

TO:UPPER NORDIC HIGH SCHOOL ALUMNI
SUBJECT:GRATUATION REUNION
SENT:MAY 20,18:45 P.M.
HI!
WITH YOUR INVITATION YOU PUT ME AGAIN AT AGE OF EIGHTEEN!
IT IS MORE THAN A PLEASURE FOR ME TO COME!
BUT I MUST ASK YOU TWO THINGS:
THE FIRST ONE IS"WHICH DATE?"BECAUSE I TRAVEL A LOT!AND THE SECOND ONE IS"CAN I TAKE WITH ME MY HUSBAND?"I TOLD HIM SO MUCH ABOUT OUR SCHOOL AND OUR MEETINGS SO HE WANTS TO SEE ALL OF YOU!
IF THE IS NO PROBLEM WITH THAT I SUPPOSE I CAN GO THIS TIME!
I WAIT FOR AN ANSWER!

WITH RIGARDS
VENUS!
Back to top Go down
georgya3

PostSubject: question 7   Answer Submission for Part 2 / Question 7 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 12:55 am

Hi Susan,

I am happy to hear that you are planning a graduation reunion and we can have the occasion of meeting to each other. I am really curious to find how our former classmates are doing. Could you let me know how many people have you contacted until now? I am wandering if I can help you finding a restaurant or even a salon and a music band. Do you know if our former teachers are pleased to join us? Have you reached them?

I am looking for you,

Have a nice weekend,

G.
Back to top Go down
melisse

PostSubject: toeic WRITNG QUESTION 7   Answer Submission for Part 2 / Question 7 EmptyTue May 27, 2008 8:13 am

TO: Susan Summers

SUBJECT: REUNION GRADUATION

hi Susan!

I will be glad to attend the 15th year graduation reunion. I m pleased to meet my old classmates, it has been a long time we didn t see each other.

in your email you didn t mentioned any details about the reunion so can you tell me when and where the reunion is going to be held, and I am wandering if I can come in with my husband.
I want to know how have you organised the meeting, if I can give you a help finding a restaurant or a band music , just let me know.

well I m looking forward to seeing you soon.

melissa
Back to top Go down
ngoc

PostSubject: TOEIC Writing question 7   Answer Submission for Part 2 / Question 7 EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 2:48 am

Hi!

I've just received you email and glad to hear about the Graduation Reunion. It's a long time since we last met. I hope that everyone can take part in the meeting. However, I would like to know axact time for the meeting so I can arrange my work to attend. Besides,could you tell me how many people confirm for the meeting so far. Also, please let me know if there is anything that I can help.
I look forward to seeing you all.

Best regards,
Back to top Go down
soso

PostSubject: TOEIC Writing question 7   Answer Submission for Part 2 / Question 7 EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 3:33 pm

Hi Susan,
I remember you very well because you were the funniest classmate I have ever had. Could you tell me where and when will this reunion take place ? I would be very pleased to see you again.
Back to top Go down
nick

PostSubject: TOEIC Writing No. 7   Answer Submission for Part 2 / Question 7 EmptySun Nov 09, 2008 4:19 am

Hi! Susan Summers.
Thank you for your E-mail.
Time is very fast like arrow. I want to see you and shareour high school memoriesI understand there are lots of things to organize before our reunion. I will willingly help you whatever you want.
please let me know the followings;
1. Date, time and place.
2. What do you want me to help you.
I will wait for your reply. Bye.
Back to top Go down
krdevin

PostSubject: TOEIC Writing question 7   Answer Submission for Part 2 / Question 7 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 11:38 am

Yes Susan I remember you is school. If there is some way I can help you in organizing or any other effort in helping let me know. What day are you planning to have the reunion? How may people from our class have you been able to contact so far?

Krdevin
Back to top Go down
k2300226

PostSubject: Reply Q.7   Answer Submission for Part 2 / Question 7 EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 9:23 am

Dear Susan,

I'm so happy to receive your invitation. I'll be there as possible as I can.
Please tell me more details about the Reunion such as what time should I get there or do I need prepare something like food or something?

Hope everybody can present that day.

Sincerely

Kevin 4/18/2009
Back to top Go down
Amy

PostSubject: Reunion   Answer Submission for Part 2 / Question 7 EmptyThu May 07, 2009 2:27 am

Hi Susan

How nice to hear from you! So much time has past since our graduation! I really like the idea of the class reunion and I'll do everything I can to attend.

Can you give me the exact place, date and time of the event, please? Do you already know who else is coming? I'm quite curious to know who I might meet again. Thanks a lot.

I look forward to seeing you guys soon!

Amy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Answer Submission for Part 2 / Question 7   Answer Submission for Part 2 / Question 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Answer Submission for Part 2 / Question 7
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next